Thrifty Kinksters. Ten Dollars. Super Fun.
BDSM calls to many people but willing kinksters can be inhibited by the cost of the tools. Leather floggers, ball gags, and vampire gloves can really break the bank. It is well worth it to invest in high-quality BDSM toys, but sometimes you want to play around with an idea before committing your funds. Your Kinky Friends decided to challenge ourselves to create BDSM experiences that cost less than ten bucks so you can explore your kinky side and still have some money for pizza.
As always…use common sense when playing and put safety first!
This is our eighth #ThriftyKinkThursday post – let’s improvise!
Price Limit: $10.00
Type of Scene: Sensation play, Impact play
Key Words: kitchen tools, sadomasochism, sensation
Everything is “free” because you are using whatever you can find in your kitchen! This article will hopefully inspire you, whether you’re on a tight budget or you’re just in the mood for something different, and you don’t want to leave the house.
Nicholas Tanek inspired this week’s thrifty article. I told him that I was having a hard time thinking of something good, and he said, “How about last-minute kitchen kink?” It only took a moment to appreciate his brilliance. It could be like a game! I was eager to get home and see what we could rustle up.
This scene can be whatever you want it to be. Sensation play can be light, gentle, and sensual or you can increase the intensity to include scratching, spanking, and punishments.
It’s always good to plan for emergencies and be prepared by keeping your cell phone, a first aid kit, and aftercare items nearby.
Communication is important in any relationship – especially a kinky one. Decide what kinds of sensations you would like to explore together. Will the scene be sensual or can it get a little rough? Discuss limits for impact play with your partner; for example, is it okay to leave marks? Establish a safe word. Decide if you want to include food items! There is much to discuss, and it could be really fun to go through kitchen drawers together while talking about what you’d like to do to each other/have done to yourselves.
Explore your kitchen space together. Open cabinets and drawers, look in the fridge, and see things through kinky eyes. Be careful if you turn your back to your partner. I found out that a silicone spatula has quite a sting, even through clothing.
Day of play:
Here are some ideas we came up with for items we found in our food room.
An obvious choice is food:
- If you’re going to do something messy like lick chocolate syrup off of their body, it’s probably a good idea to lay down a towel first so you don’t stain your sheets.
- Nothing is cheaper than ice! Rub an ice cube around a nipple or slide it inside an orifice. Alternating hot and cold sensations can be very pleasurable. If you want to be sadistic, you can make your partner hold ice cubes in their hands until they completely melt, or put his testicles in an ice bath.
- As a rule, only items specifically made for insertion should be put inside your body. That said, many people do enjoy using things like carrots and cucumbers as dildos. If you’re interested in this kind of play, make sure that the vegetable is washed, and that it is long enough that you won’t lose hold of it inside you or your partner. To be on the safe side, organic produce is a good idea. It could be a lot of fun to put a carrot inside of your partner and then make her take a bite.
Tools for scratching and impact play:
- A fork is great fun! As you can see in the banner above, a fork can leave some nice marks on the skin. You can drag it lightly across sensitive areas OR aggressively carve “YKF” onto the back of your favorite author. He would not stop squirming until I yelled, “IT’S FOR YOUR ART!”
- As mentioned above, silicone spatulas leave a nice sting. At Rancor Studios, I met an attractive young Dom who was a drummer. One of his favorite things to do is use two spatulas to drum out a beat on a woman’s ass.
- Wooden spoon. This could be particularly titillating for a man who enjoys the Mommy/son dynamic.
- Chopsticks. Yeah, I rolled my eyes when Nicholas suggested this while we ate sushi. But then he hit me with one.
- A wire whisk? I’m not sure about this one either. But the more I look at the picture of Nicholas holding the whisk, the more I wonder what it would feel like to be hit with it. *shrug*
- Rolling pin. Another suggestion from Mr. Tanek – I have not tried it, but I’ve got a heavy vintage rolling pin that would deliver quite a punch to someone lying over my knee.
- A fly swatter is an excellent spanking implement.
- It’s grilling season! My large metal turner would not only leave some nice stripes on an ass, it has serrated edges that are perfect for dragging across body parts!
Some other ideas:
- Knives or scissors can be used to cut off clothing. You could then tear the clothing into strips and use them to bind your partner. Drag a knife blade lightly across the skin for a frightening and arousing sensation.
- Use oven mitts and duct tape to make bondage mitts and watch your submissive struggle to complete tasks! Make them watch porn and try to pleasure themselves while you laugh and laugh and laugh.
After your session, your partner might need aftercare. This could take many forms, depending on your partner’s needs. Run them a bath. Make them some tea. Cuddle up, watch Rick and Morty and lament how long you have to wait between seasons. Whatever it is, enjoy it with your partner.